Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

My Weekend In Collage

Overall, this weekend was pretty quiet.  Spent most of it running around here and there trying to find the perfect gift for everyone on my list, which was kind of a waste seeing as I ended up buying everything online Saturday night. 

I rocked my favorite new 7 For All Man Kind jeans, cuffed (yes, I know the ones in the collage are not 7's, but I couldn't find a good pic to use, so I'm pretending) with a pair of white Converse (which I'm not sure that I'm cool enough to pull off, but the comfort was well worth it -- and in my mind, I looked pretty cool), and had lunch at Jimmy John's - yum.


Although, I didn't have much luck finding gifts there, Anthropologie had an awesome sale -- sweaters and outerwear were 1/2 off, plus I had a 15% off coupon since it's my birthday month!  I picked up an off white version of the sweater in the collage above and an awesome green leather journal (I've never been one to journal - but I have the urge to try it out).  Also, I got this cute light weight, grey cardi!  Love it - definitely one of those versatile dress up or dress down pieces. (and p.s. - I love Anthropologie's dressing rooms)


I saw Breaking Dawn (again ... I swear it gets better every time), finished Mindy Kaling's book (which if you haven't read it, you need to -- all kinds of awesome) and now I'm watching Once Upon A Time while I type this (and being majorly disappointed that Pan Am is not on tonight).

Lastly, I was watching Eclipse on Friday night and started thinking about Robert Frost's poem "Fire and Ice" that Bella is reading at the beginning.  I've read the poem before and watched Eclipse like 100 times, but never really thought much of it.  I did a quick google search, and before I got distracted with online shoe shopping or something like that, I read that some say the poem was inspired by Dante Alighieri's The Inferno - so I ambitiously picked up a copy while out shopping -- hopefully my good intentions will come to life and I'll actually read it  I'm suddenly, and randomly, intrigued to say the least!

Well, off to relax a bit more before the always dreaded work-week starts.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment